California Elementary PTA seeking new members!
The California Area Elementary Parent Teacher Association, often shortened to Cal PTA, is anxiously looking forward to another great and exciting school year. But, they need your help! Please consider becoming a member for the 2016-2017 school year. Membership is only $5 per person and membership applications can be found below this article or online at pabridges.com.
Becoming a member of the Cal PTA is easy – just fill out the form and mail it in or, fill out a membership form online. Your membership dues, and all other donated funds, go directly toward helping students in the California Area School District by providing educational resources, academic programming, and exciting and fun events.
Through fundraising efforts, private donations, and countless volunteer hours, the California Area PTA was recently able to:
Purchase and install an entire playground system (valued at over $26,000) for the elementary school in 2015.
Donate over 300 winter coats, hats, and gloves to the district’s coat drive for children and families in need during the 2013/14-2015/16 academic years.
Provide fun and exciting academic programs for students, such as the nationally acclaimed production, Wild World of Animals.
The PTA also oversees the school’s Labels for Education and BoxTops for Education programs. PTA volunteers create the elementary school yearbook and run the school’s annual holiday shop in December. The PTA also assists the district with Kindergarten registration and orientation, Field Day (an end of the year celebration), and many other programs and events.
During the 2015-16 academic year, the PTA brought the National Reflections Program (an arts competition) back to the district. California Area was well represented within the program. One California student even placed first in the state of Pennsylvania for her film entry.
Please consider joining the California Area Elementary PTA today. If membership isn’t your style, you can always make a tax-deductible donation, which goes directly toward elementary programming. And, the PTA is always looking for volunteers to help with special events! Contact the PTA today!
Facts about California Area PTA:
- The California Area Parent Teacher Association (PTA) has deep roots in our community and can be traced as far back as the 1970s at California Area School District.
- The California PTA is a 501(c)3, nonprofit organization.
- California Area PTA is a local chapter of the National Parent Teacher Association.
- The California PTA is governed by the Pennsylvania State PTA, under the direction of the National PTA.
- California PTA is not a Parent Teacher Organization or “PTO” (a district-run and/or locally run group where there is usually not a larger governing body). The California PTA is held accountable for the management of our organization through nationally approved bylaws and codes of conduct.
Story by Brianne Bayer Mitchell for Pennsylvania Bridges